Monday, May 7, 2007

Yahoo Photos is shutting down! and Yahoo has gone crazy!

Hey guys,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I had an awesome weekend sitting alone at home on saturday and spending the whole time with my brother's kid on sunday.....
When I am back to office, I saw the google news saying Yahoo! Photos will be shutting down its service. But it will ask all the existing users to switch to the photo-sharing site namely Flickr!
In June, tens of millions of registered users of Yahoo Photos will be notified of various options including upgrading to Yahoo's Flickr service or various outside-photo storage sites, according to Flickr co-founder Stewart Butterfield.
Yahoo also will offer consumers the option of loading their photos on competing sites when users are notified next month.

These include PhotoBucket - the most popular online photo sharing service among users of social network sites like MySpace - or more conventional photo printing and storage site such as Kodak Gallery, Shutterfly or Snapfish, he said.
Yahoo continued to support both Photos and Flickr over the past two years, reflecting the different audiences of the two sites.
Hey, and one more thing..... Yahoo has gone crazy I guess... My brother sent a mail asking," what mail have u sent to the family group?" After this I figured it out in my mail inbox, that a mail has been sent in my name to all the family members(I mean to my family group) saying something like 'you should watch this video'.... Guys, watch out ur yahoo inbox.. If someone sends a spam, dont open it.... Even let ur friends know that if any such mail comes, tell them its not u who is sending and ask them to consider it as a SPAM! I really dont know wat is Yahoo doing without monitoring all such spams.....
Ok guys, meet u in the next blog.....

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

oh baby its not a spam.. its a virus. i dunno where it resides..but keeps spreading like hell.. priya use to send me 100s of mails with subject "watch my fotos" "u r cute" "u r sexy" "ebook.pdf" .. her inbox is fully infected with some idiotic virus...she dropped one of her mail account coz of this.. so beware of that... venkat..